Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MO Working Family Tax Credit

Hillenburg
Level 4

Mo Working Family Tax Credit is new to Missouri this year.  The new form is included in the Missouri package and is calculating.  The program is asking to include a pdf of WFTCA. WFTC is ready to go.  Does anyone have a clue about WFTCA ?  Thanks.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
BobKamman
Level 15

In other words, WTF is WFTCA ?

ben123
Level 1
  • Missouri Working Family Credit (Section 143.177)
    • The Missouri Working Family Credit will begin with the 2023 tax year.
    • A taxpayer can receive a credit of 10 percent of their federal earned income credit. The credit cannot be refunded or carried forward, but will reduce any tax liability after all credits have been applied.
    • To qualify for the credit, a taxpayer must be a full time Missouri resident with a filing status of Single, Head of Household, Qualifying Widow(er), or Married Filing Combined.
    • Qualifying children must have valid social security numbers
    • A copy of your federal return must be attached to your Missouri individual income tax return to receive the credit.

Believe you just have to print the form to a pdf and attach it to the MO return. 

0 Cheers
Hillenburg
Level 4

The WFTC form is included in the Missouri package and is calculating properly.  The pdf the program is asking for is WFTCA , which I can't find.

0 Cheers
ben123
Level 1

Mine says "Attach Form MO-WFTC. A PDF may be attached....." not "MO-WFTCA"

It's hard to see the period 

Hillenburg
Level 4

WFTC form is included in the program and is calculating correctly.  However an error message is still showing up telling me I can create a pdf. Can I e-file this return with that error message still in the Mo return ?

0 Cheers
jeffg
Level 1

Has anybody been able to electronically file with the MO-WFTC or are you paper filing?

0 Cheers
Hillenburg
Level 4

I am filing federal returns and waiting for Intuit to get their act together on this.  

0 Cheers