Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middle Class Tax Refund

Level 4

I have a client who filed a 2020 tax return (zero income) she filed just to get the recovery rebate in 2020. She is asking me if she qualifies for the Middle Class Tax Refund.. and according to the qualifications one of them says as long as you filed taxes, lived in CA for 6 months or more and made less than 75,000 you qualify. But she didn't have any income so does she still qualify? 

I usually tell them to call the MCTR# but they dont answer the phone so is it ok to have them call the franchise tax board?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did she have a CA refund in 2020? Oh wait, did she even file a CA tax return in 2020?

If she didnt file a CA 2020 return, shes not eligible for it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
HOPE2
Level 8

If she filed her/his tax return 2020 by the extension time and did not pass limit income she was eligible to get that. If she got a refund photo_2023-01-21_16-40-05.jpgdirect deposit she is supposed to get Middle class as direct deposit as well otherwise she gets a debit card. If she did not get it yet attached is an updated phone call to discover what happened. Some people got form 1099-Misc for this but did not receive direct deposit even a card so they called FTB phone number and they said we will send you a card or ... but if the client made an amend this other reason that still she did not get her card or deposit so should call them, FTB.

0 Cheers