Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFS returns.. one of the two not actually being transmitted

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

This is a known problem and was inquiring if this will be fixed for tax year 2022.  The issue is when filing separate and transmitting both sets of returns only one set actually goes through.. This in spite of the EF home base showing the return has been accepted but in actuality it never was.. Causing quite a bit of problem in tax year 2021. Thank you. 

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

As a victim of that issue, one can only hope it will be fixed for 2022.  Actually, I'm not sure why it still hasn't been fixed for 2021.  If it isn't fixed for 2021, it could be they don't know how to fix it.  If they don't know how to fix it, it probably won't be fixed for 2022.  Now that I have had this conversation with myself, I am depressed thinking about having to deal with it again next year.

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

it ends up being a huge issue.. tech support gives conflicitng fixes.. spending an hour just today trying to get this return to go through. 

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

issue is the submission ID.. both sets of returns are being assigned the same submission ID.. really frustrating.. never had this problem until 2021 tax year and in ohio often it is better filing separate with the savings on the state side