Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Insurance

Level 4

I am working on my schedule C for my own taxes, I started covered California on 03/2022 and i paid $3,345.30 in premiums on 1095A can I enter this as a deduction on schedule c line 15 under "self-employed health insurance?" I am kind of confused on that deduction on schedule C. thank you

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

No, don't enter it there.

On the bottom of the 1095-A worksheet or the 8962, there is a spot to 'link' it to the Schedule C.  That should hypothetically put the proper deduction on Schedule 1 for the Self Employed Health Insurance deduction (although with the weird math involved, it doesn't always work out cleanly).

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

No, don't enter it there.

On the bottom of the 1095-A worksheet or the 8962, there is a spot to 'link' it to the Schedule C.  That should hypothetically put the proper deduction on Schedule 1 for the Self Employed Health Insurance deduction (although with the weird math involved, it doesn't always work out cleanly).

Level 4

Oh nice! I never even noticed that before. Thank you so much! That helped and now i see it pop up on schedule 1 you are awesome!