Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical insurance coverage

Rfl06473
Level 1

Individual as part of his retirement package, he has medical coverage under the company medical insurance package until the age of 65.  There are no notations of his Form W-2 for nonqualified plans or on his 1099R Retirement Plan.

The IRS reject the return stating that that a form 1095A should be attached. The taxpayer did not purchase the insurance on the exchange.

Is there a special block in Pro=series to let the IRS know.

Thanks for any Assistance

Rich

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

There’s a 1095A out there and the only way to find it is at healthcare.gov.  Their help desk can point your client in the right direction to get the form on line or they can mail it to the address they have on file

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

If you are absolutely sure there is no 1095A lurking out there ( I would have client check at healthcare.gov) then you can give IRS what they want ( I had a couple of them) Just fill out a 1095A with your state in box 1, and 123456 in box 2, and $1.00 in 21A. Worked for me, and one of the clients got his refund with no problems. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

But this type of post has popped up a few thousand times this year.  Usually the client does a little Sargent Schultz impersonation ----- "I know nothing".  But when pushed, you often find out the client created an account and then shortly afterwards dropped the coverage or some other amazing facts come out of them.

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

There’s a 1095A out there and the only way to find it is at healthcare.gov.  Their help desk can point your client in the right direction to get the form on line or they can mail it to the address they have on file

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Rfl06473
Level 1

thaks it work 

Rich

0 Cheers