Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD Nonresident Tax Paid on BEHALF of an S corp Shareholder

dsocpa
Level 5

Entity paid MD tax on behalf of it's nonresident shareholder.  On the Form 510 Sch K Equivalent Wks the tax paid is entered in Section D on line 1.  

On the shareholders MD form 505 the amount paid should appear on line 45.  For the life of me I can't seem to get to the source entry - get the amount paid on line 45.  Unless I do an override I can't seem to figure out how to get the amount to on that line.  

It's been awhile since I did nr MD PTE from Sch 510!

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
dascpa
Level 11

Form 502CR Line 9 of Part CC.  And then on the 505 Other Additions to Income Worksheet an addback addition of the exact same amount on Line r.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Is it PTE or a payment for a non-resident shareholder? THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

There is another thread here on the differences.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
dsocpa
Level 5

Shareholder is non-resident.  The PTE did not file the election to treat the estimated tax paid at the entity level.

0 Cheers
WESTHTH
Level 1

Despite attaching an electronic PDF to my E-file I still always end up getting a notice which excludes the tax paid. I am not sure if its a Md or Pro- Series Fup

dsocpa
Level 5

I have a fiscal year S corp.  PTE is such a nightmare I've decided to forgo paying except when there are non-resident shareholders.

0 Cheers