Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD K-1 Attachment for PTE

dascpa
Level 11

In prior years we had a specific "type" of attachment for the attachment of the K-1's to support the PTE credit and addback.  This year the e-file attachment list does not have anything specific to it.  Does anyone now if it's now "other" or ProSeries just hasn't updated the software.  The tax return booklet from the Comptroller's office just says to attach the K-1, nothing more.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

If I was a betting I would say to go with other.  You will get a few returns done, wait for the 8879s to get back to you and then Intuit will update the pdf selections to add that specific line so you will have to go into the returns you have already done to fix them.  Maybe I'm a negative person or maybe I have been around Intuit long enough to know how they operate 🤔

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

Take a look at the new MD K-1 form that has been added to the Maryland product.  This is an input for preparers to enter PTE credits and other withholdings from K-1's received by individuals from outside investments.  This can be used in place of a K-1 pdf attach for these items.  

sjrcpa
Level 15

And, since MD is still processing these returns by hand, it will take a long time. They'll say they don't have the K-1 and you'll end up sending it to them a couple more times.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers