Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD Form 511 Extension

DebiHCPA
Level 4

I am trying to file an extension for MD Pass through entity - Form 511. Error message says"

Maryland Pass-Through Entity for Partnership - Schedule B, line 9 must be entered for electronic filing. Check either Yes or No to file electronically. Does anyone know where the Schedule B is? I cannot find what they are talking about. The schedule B I see does not have a line 9 that has a place to answer yes or no.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DebiHCPA
Level 4

I found the answer. You need to go to Federal Schedule B Question 9 regarding foreign accounts and answer yes or no and then file the extension.

Maryland extensions are not due until April 15, 2022 for Corporations and for Pass through entities.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
dascpa
Level 11

Maryland partnerships and all pass-through entity tax returns were due 03/15/2022.  You cannot file an extension now so the error message is irrelevant.

0 Cheers
DebiHCPA
Level 4

I found the answer. You need to go to Federal Schedule B Question 9 regarding foreign accounts and answer yes or no and then file the extension.

Maryland extensions are not due until April 15, 2022 for Corporations and for Pass through entities.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Correct. 03/15 for Fed.

0 Cheers
DebiHCPA
Level 4

Easy mistake to miss. But hopefully I can save someone time rather than calling Proseries. While on hold, I figured it out. Again, if you get that message, go back to the federal and the list of questions on Schedule B, just go to #9 - hopefully answer "no".

0 Cheers