Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

may 5th update of SE Health Insurance with PTC Worksheet amounts keep changing

preparer227
Level 1

ReaIly getting confused about the May 5th update about SE Health Insurance and premium Tax Credit.   Amount shown of $336 on Line A of Worksheet when I enter the $336 on Line B then Line A switches to $149.  when I change to 336 Line B says 149

HELP!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yep, they fixed one thing and screwed up another....I chased it around in a circle until I could get the 2 lines to match as close as possible....sounds like youre stuck with the 336/149 combo, I was able to get them closer on the ones that I have....I dont know what the right answer is for this.

@TaxGuyBill    

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yep, in their infinite stupidity, Intuit 'fixed' a very minor problem by disabling the Iterative calculation, which gives us a much bigger problem.

You can either (a) do the calculation manually to see what the result is for the "alternative" calculation , or (b) claim you are using "another reasonable method" by picking one of those numbers (while you are at it, pick the one that has the best results).

TiredFarmer
Level 7

Has anyone heard if they are going to fix again or is it best just to manually go with it?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I dont think anyone from Intuit has even acknowledged its a problem yet in any of these threads.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪