Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MASSACHUSETTS PROBLEM FILING A RETURN.

LeicesterMa
Level 2

When filing a Massachusetts tax return, I get the following message:

(54) tax year 2022 transmissions are not available. Pro series is not ready to process tax year 2022 for this return.

I get this message for all tax returns I'm attempting to file for Ma. Othe states, no problem.

Solution?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitCharlene

If the taxpayer is filing the Resident income tax return they should now be able to e-file. Try again and they should go through. If they are filing a Part Year or Nonresident those forms are not yet available. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Brother Jack
Level 3

I just attempted my first MA E-file and got the same message.  Glad you chimed in and I'm not the only one.

Curious if anyone has successfully  e-filed a 2022 for MA yet.

I was able to e-file a couple 2021 returns two days ago but am still waiting for acknowledgement.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I flagged a Moderator in another thread about this, hopefully an Intuit person can add something to these posts.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IntuitCharlene

If the taxpayer is filing the Resident income tax return they should now be able to e-file. Try again and they should go through. If they are filing a Part Year or Nonresident those forms are not yet available. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
TLFIV
Level 2

The MA EFile form is populating incorrectly for joint returns - it is only requesting 1 signature.

0 Cheers
TLFIV
Level 2

Can you please have PS update the M-8453 E-File Authorization based on the new form released by MA DOR today?

0 Cheers
LeicesterMa
Level 2

Ma tax returns are being efiled properly since Saturday morning.

Thank you

0 Cheers
steve5
Level 4

I notice the same thing.

0 Cheers