Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maryland efile

mdtao31
Level 7

will not let me print accepted md return

9 Comments 9
daviddoestaxes
Level 2

I've contacted Pro-Series several times for this issue and the response has been the same; form will be available Feb 10th. My concern is the accepted Maryland returns are still showing not received by Maryland!  I'm now forced to assume Maryland will accept and process these returns on Feb 10th. I am really disappointed in the response to this issue from Pro-Series and the lag time of tax season opening of Jan 24th and the Maryland form update of Feb 10th.  No one at Pro-Series can explain the lag. 

Does anyone at Pro-Series monitor this Board? 

sjrcpa
Level 15

"Does anyone at Pro-Series monitor this Board? "  No. Occasionally Intuit employees stop by.

If you can't print the return how did your client review it before signing the efile authorization form?

Ex-AllStar
rbynaker
Level 13

Are you getting electronic signatures on the EL-101?  I'm wondering how your clients are authorizing efile without reviewing the return and signing an EL-101 first.

FarmerCPA
Level 3

I'm taking a screenshot and printing what I need.  It's a pain in the butt, but it's letting me keep moving.  

FarmerCPA
Level 3

I can explain the lag...Comptroller of Maryland stated that Intuit submitted their test file to the State in mid January and it failed testing.  So they've had to redo their file and didn't get it resubmitted until 1/27.  State is testing again.  Intuit says the hold up is the State's fault...but they leave out the part where they failed testing and had to resubmit, after tax season started.  Sounds like the development staff at Intuit is either short staffed or underperforming.  Or both.  At least they care!  Oh, wait...

FarmerCPA
Level 3

Appears that MD Forms 510 and 511 are now reflecting a release date of 2/25...it was scheduled for 2/4 as of yesterday.  Shockingly, various calls to support have yielded the same response I expected..."I don't have any information available on the reason why this has occurred."  I am not a genius but I can infer. 

Currently pursuing a refund and going to switch software.  Not wise during February but our firm has been hijacked by ProSeries and their (lack of) updates.  We can't wait another month to print or process 1120S / 1120 / 1065 clients.  Especially since ProSeries is nonresponsive and/or providing complete fabrications of what is actually going on.

daviddoestaxes
Level 2

My sentiments exactly !

Provide update on which software is better..or at responsive.  Thanks 

hankinstax
Level 5

Same problem here in AL for the same reason.  Intuit was late to the game--AGAIN.  As for their level of concern, I would rate it at less than 10%.  They choose not to accept responsibility for their habitual poor performance.

mdtao31
Level 7

I HAVE EFILED MD RETURNS AND THEY HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED. CLIENTS HAVE

RECEIVED THIER MD REFUNDS. INTUTIT AND MD LEAVE MUCH TO

BE DESIRED.

REGARDS, larry

STAY SAFE

PS AS IF IN BEING IN COMPETION WITH INTUTIT FREEFILE

IS NOT ENOUGH

0 Cheers