Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maryland Activity Worksheet to support Fed/State depreciation adjustment

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

I have a return with a Schedule C.  The State of MD return will not allow me to finish and print the return because of the Activity Worksheet that supports the depreciation decoupling modification form Form 500DM).  Error message: "This form is not ready to be filed due to a change in the federal form.  It should be available soon."  There are no errors on the Form 500DM.  This same error message has appeared for two weeks, yet there are no errors on the federal form.  ProSeries indicates that all forms are final and ready for efile.  Any suggestions on how to address this issue?  I can't even print a pdf of the state return because of this.

Many thanks!

Michael

38 Comments 38

Good morning. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We wanted to let you know we've made sure the right team is aware of this and the issue should be resolved later today. They're actively engaged to get this resolved. 

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Thank you very much for such a prompt response.  I very much appreciate it.

Michael

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Is there any update on when we can expect this issue to be resolved?  Thank you.

BCTC
Level 2

Well here it is Saturday 2/12/22 and still the Maryland Activity Worksheet is creating the same error.   Updated and refreshed updates with no success.  When will it be fixed.

BCTC
Level 2

Here it is Sunday and the same problem is not fixed, "Maryland Activity Work Sheet", still showing error. 

mdtao31
Level 7

got same error on my rentals

looks like we have 20 wait  til march

regards, LARRY

stay safe

BCTC
Level 2

Here it is the 14Th and still not updated. Maybe Pro series would like to explain it my clients.

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

It has been nearly a week since this issue was reported, and at that time the expectation was set that it was possibly going to be resolved the day it was reported.  Still, this error persists, and the reason for the error is not apparent.  Can we please get an update on what is happening with this, and when we can expect it to be resolved? 

Thanks very much.

Mike

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Where are you hearing that the error will not be resolved until March?  Since the initial response that had me believing it would be resolved later the day I reported it, I have not heard anything, and I have tried to avoid calling customer service for an update.  This is happening with schedules C and E, so it's really become an issue for me.  Thanks Larry!

Mike

dsteincpa
Level 3

Proseries - the Activity Worksheet is still not functional in all Maryland Individual returns - When is there an update to fix this?

IntuitGabi
MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Thank you, but the error persists on every MD return I have that involves a business or real estate rental.  I appreciate the suggestion just the same.

dionyssus26
Level 1

I am having the same issue. it would be nice to know when this issue will be resolved. I update the software daily to be sure I don't miss it. One thing to note. When I click on "File Electronically" It does say the the state is ready to submit.

mdtao31
Level 7

i turned off error checking just for the activity

issue. it did work and states with schedule c and rental depr

were accepted

just remember to turn error checking

back on after submission

regards,LARRY

stay safe

0 Cheers
dsteincpa
Level 3

However, doesn't this defeat the purpose of "error checking?"  I would like Proseries to fix this ASAP please.  Just one more glitch in the program this year at this late date - It was working earlier.  Thank you in advance 

0 Cheers
mdtao31
Level 7

hi,turning error ck worked 4 me

regards, larry

stay safe

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Agree.  This is a half-baked workaround to getting this resolved, and it concerns me to disable such a critical check.  I have not yet gotten to the point with any of mine to even know if it will work, but I will likely have no choice but to use it to get some of these returns completed.  Here we are the third week in February, and we're still dealing with this kind of stuff.  There is no excuse for it.  I fully suspect the delay has been Intuit coordinating a fix with the State of MD.  In early January MD extended the due date for their returns to July 15th, but as recently as this past weekend electronic payments are still not yet permitted for dates beyond April 30th.

Thanks to all who have provided suggestions!

Mike

Maryland CPA
Level 2

Good Morning all who are experiencing this problem.  I despise the "rant" boards that we are supposed to use to goad ProSeries into fixing their software.  Once again we are left with a response from them that it will be ready "SOON"  I would advise that we all contact them and let them know of the problem.  I really don't think they have a process in place to effectively address any of these issues except to "grease the squeaky wheel".  I understand that we can turn the error check off to file but that really defeats the purpose.  Just like every other issue that has taken them too long to fix, they are once again putting their clients in a bad position.  

cwngpr11
Level 2

To e-file, initiate.  first window at bottom has a check box "enable conversion error checking".  Uncheck it

Maryland CPA
Level 2

I was just reviewing this error to try and determine the issue with this error and I find two returns that had processed through MD without error with Activity Worksheets.  I have both Schedule E activity and Schedule C activity both with errors and accepted depending on the client.  Additionally, the clients that have approved and failed have both losses and profits in those activities.  So far in my review of the failed MD return clients, I don't see a consistency that would cause them error while the others have approved. 

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Thanks!

After un-checking the "enable conversion error checking" box at time of efile, I was able to efile a MD return which was accepted.  I got that tip from this community.  I would never have known it had any impact.  Regardless, there is a problem somewhere that has yet to be addressed by MD and/or Intuit.  Until it is resolved, I will use the workaround and hope that other returns can also be successfully efiled.

Thanks again.

Mike

cwngpr11
Level 2

I've so far had no Sch E with a 179 deduction, but the uncheck of "enable error check" worked for Sch C

BCTC
Level 2

What a tragedy that we must jump through such hoops to do our jobs. 

dascpa
Level 11

@IntuitZacharyG 

We are still getting tons of error messages on the MD 502 - Activity Schedule and Form 8582 for EVERY tax return with a rental or Sch C business.  We were told this was to be fixed a few weeks ago. Per your Forms release there are no more Maryland individual updates scheduled and we're all stuck.  Can you PLEASE look into this?

BrisbaneBronco
Level 2

I am having the same issue for the past two weeks trying to print and file Maryland tax returns.  Error message states Activity Worksheet "The form is not ready to be filed due to a change in the federal form.  It should be available soon."  It has been two weeks and I just updated all installed products today and still not working.  Very frustrated!!!

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

If you are planning to efile the return, then un-check the "enable conversion error checking" box at the time you actually start to efile.  This was suggested on this site, and I was able to efile a MD return that contained these "errors," and it was accepted.  If you are using eSignature, the forms will not produce because of these errors, but you can sign directly into DocuSign, and manually upload whatever forms you want to the envelope.  I don't understand what is going on with the Maryland returns this year, but this is just one of several frustrations.  Heck, the MD Comptroller's website is not yet set up to be able to schedule 2022 estimated tax payments!

BrisbaneBronco
Level 2

Thank you Mike.  I unchecked the error checking box and it went through.  Disappointed after two weeks this problem has not been resolved. Thanks again!!

Maryland CPA
Level 2

I contacted ProSeries this morning and again requested that a ticket be opened.  The Customer Service representative was as helpful as possible but found no record at ProSeries of this issue being addressed or any update as to when it would be corrected.  I sent a sanitized file of a client that had two Activity Wks, one that had the error and the other that was fine. Hopefully this will be addressed soon.

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Thank you!  Impossible to believe that they have no record of the issue, but delighted to hear that (hopefully) a correction is in the works.

Memik
Level 2

To those that haven't experienced this error, it only happens if you have added a depreciable item to that activity.  I have called them three times about this, and they have no answer other than wait.  I also have removed the error checking when e-filing these returns, but, as was said earlier, that defeats the purpose.  So I send it once, let it reject, make sure that is the only error, then remove the error checking.  This has been the absolute worst year for late forms and lack of answers to questions!

Maryland CPA
Level 2

Good Afternoon!  I just spoke with ProSeries again and was informed that they are finally "aware" of the problem and that it should be corrected on March 3rd so we should be able to proceed on March 4th.!  As I spoke to them again this morning, the customer service person was unaware of this problem until I showed her the issue then with research she found it.

The only advice that I would offer is that we keep using the reader boards to show our dissatisfaction and call when you have time.

dsteincpa
Level 3

And another issue with this MD problem - You can't use Docusign for the MD tax return!!

0 Cheers
MikeB_CPA
Level 5

I have successfully used DocuSign with dozens of MD returns without any problems.  So long as there are no errors on the return, the form will populate on the esignature dashboard.  Please be sure your MD return is marked "Return Ready for Efile". 

For those MD returns impacted by the issue discussed in this thread which cannot be finalized for DocuSign through ProSeries, I have been successful signing directly into DocuSign and manually uploading any form that I want signed.  It's a great site, and includes everything that has been processed through ProSeries.

Good luck!

Mike

0 Cheers
dsteincpa
Level 3

No problem using when there are no errors - HOWEVER - why should I go through the extra steps because Proseries should have fixed this error months ago

0 Cheers
MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Then either don't use DocuSign or wait for MD/Intuit to get it straightened out.  I was getting too backlogged to wait, so I had to do something. 

Now the waiting game continues because for some unknown reason, MD's ifile system is not yet allowing 2022 estimated tax payments to be scheduled!  I am betting that when it is available they will not have programmed the later payment dates for Q1 and Q2!

0 Cheers
dsteincpa
Level 3

You don't need to school me - I'm posting so Proseries gets the message- Thx!

0 Cheers
MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Ha!  That wasn't the intention at all.  Good luck.😊

0 Cheers
MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Believe it or not, I think this issue has finally been resolved!  Thanks for your persistence with customer service.

Now, if only they could get the allowed payment date for taxes due to match the July due date!

Thanks again.

Mike

0 Cheers