Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

marketplace insurance for part of the year, 1095-C for the remaining.

andy595
Level 3

I have a client that received a 1095-A for part of the year, had a job where the employer paid his insurance for the rest of the year and received a 1095-C for the remaining. So, he had insurance coverage for the full 12 months, 8 months in the marketplace and the other 4 months through his employer.

My question, he is being penalized as if he dropped his marketplace insurance and had none for the last 4 months. I can't figure out how to fix this, is there a remedy or a box to check on ProSeries that I am missing.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hes not being penalized, hes having to pay back the discount he received for the marketplace insurance, Im guessing his annual income ended up more than what the told the marketplace.

Very common situation when your income is low so you get marketplace insurance, then get a job part way through the year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hes not being penalized, hes having to pay back the discount he received for the marketplace insurance, Im guessing his annual income ended up more than what the told the marketplace.

Very common situation when your income is low so you get marketplace insurance, then get a job part way through the year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪