Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making the 2002 and 2003 ProSeries Programs functional can this be done?

Blackboot
Level 1

Trying to get the 2002 and 2003 ProSeries Tax Programs to function.  Can this be done in any way?

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
doubtful...too old, Intuit doesnt support them anymore. The oldest year I see available to download in my account is 2006.

Ive seen a 3rd party company (www.taxprinter.com) that claims to be able to open old tax data files back into the 90s for some of the DIY programs, but not for ProSeries.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Accountant-Man
Level 13

You probably can't use Windows 10 or 7.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
George4Tacks
Level 15

Right click the program > Properties > Compatibility mode > Check the box > Select an appropriate old Windows such as Windows XP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions

Post an update if you get it to work.

Curious George wants to know WHY?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
NCartusciello
Level 1

Hi, 

I have tried taxprinter.com, and paid them to try to open a 2003 return prepared on ProSeries.  (The file has a file extension ".03i".)   Unfortunately, they have not been able to open it.  

Do you have copies of the 2002 and 2003 software?  

- Neil 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Youd be looking for someone with the final CD that contained the entire program, as online updates wont be available for years that old...needle in a haystack. good luck!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
NCartusciello
Level 1

Hi, Lisa, 

Thank you for responding.  

I have tried intuit support, with no luck. They told me that they don't offer telephone support for ProSeries software prior to 2017.  

Can you think of any other way to open these files?  

Thank you. 

- Neil 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If you tell us WHY you need to access such old returns, maybe one of us could think of an idea that could help you get what you need without actually opening the file.

NCartusciello
Level 1

Hi, TaxGuyBill,

Sorry for the long-delayed response. I am an attorney and have a client's 2003 tax return file created on ProSeries. Entries on that return will be extremely helpful to a current dispute. Unfortunately the client does not have a hard copy of the 2003 return. Hence the need to open the ProSeries file.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

- Neil

0 Cheers
Ringers
Level 2

Hi Neil,

I currently have all Pro Series tax years on my Win10 computer going back to 1999 with all of my client's returns available to be opened and printed. If you send me the client file, I can probably open it, print as a pdf, and send it to you.

0 Cheers
NCartusciello
Level 1

That would be tremendously helpful.

I will send you a private message.

Thank you.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@NCartusciello You probably should have written authorization from your client to do this. They should be aware that you are sharing their data to make this problem resolve.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
NCartusciello
Level 1

For sure. Thank you.

0 Cheers