Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MA Solar energy credit and Schedule CMS

mrbeancpa
Level 2

I'm entering information for a solar energy credit in MA on Schedule EC.  When I go to Schedule CMS, it lists the credit type as SLRWND and has a prompt to put in a period end date.  When I put in the current year end date (or any date), the program gives me an error message saying I must enter a credit type to put in the date - the program already filled it in for me!  Bug?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
steve5
Level 4

Good luck.  I had the shuddered storefront credit in 2022 and Intuit refused to update the software.  I was told directly they would not be updating it for all of the new Massachusetts credits.  It required me to paper file the tax return.

0 Cheers
mrbeancpa
Level 2

Thanks for the info.  I called tech support and they couldn't reproduce the error I was getting.  It seemed they were trying to help, but after two hours of waiting, I had to leave the call, so no resolution as of yet.  I may file on paper just to make an anxious client happy to be done!

MDAROSA1
Level 3

I am having this error also...Is it a bug?   The software wants me to put a date but its not required.

0 Cheers
mrbeancpa
Level 2

I'm still working on it with tech support.  They couldn't reproduce the error - it's been a few days since I reported the issue.  I think in the case of the solar credit, the year end date of the year of completion is asked for.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mrbeancpa @MDAROSA1 @steve5 

We are aware of the issue with 2023 ProSeries MA Sch CMS and it's been reported to development. Stay tuned for updates. 

mrbeancpa
Level 2

I noted this morning that the error has been resolved.  I was able to e-file the MA return.  Thank you for the assist!

steve5
Level 4

That is great news!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

My pleasure @mrbeancpa. Thanks for joining the community. 

If a reply answered your question on this thread, select "Accept as solution" to mark this conversation as resolved. 
For more ProSeries updates, bookmark the new page ProSeries Hot Topics 

0 Cheers
aimee7939
Level 1

So what was the solution? I'm getting the same error 2 months later.

0 Cheers