Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MA Form PV - Has Wrong Due Date on Instruction Letter

cmcconnell1001
Level 1

The due date that shows on the instruction letter for Form PV - Massachusetts Income Tax Payment Voucher is showing April 15, 2021. MA extended tax returns and tax payments until May 17, 2021.  They did NOT extend ES payments, but they did extend tax due payments.  Is this an error in Proseries or do I have to change a setting?

Thanks,

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They probably wont be changing the writing on the voucher itself, that would require the tax agency to make changes to the official form and the software companies to go though all the hassle to get their version approved.

I dont think they made any changes to the official forms last year either and we all survived.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Indiana Post Filing Coupon instruction letter doesn't have the date changed but the actual voucher portion does show correct due date of May 17th.  So for the letter I just take out my red pen and cross out the April 15th date and write May 17th above.   Simple fix and clients don't care.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Due to the recent tax law changes, I believe you are supposed to use a puce pen to make those changes.

Slava Ukraini!
cmcconnell1001
Level 1

The Form PV doesn't have a date. It's on the client standard letter.

0 Cheers
lansman
Level 1

I only Use ProSeries Pro for my Trusts which I file and for the $111 I have to pay for each return I have to use a red pen? I do computer programming too and have to wonder how lazy Intuit has to be to not insert

a simple fix into their program! I just tell clients to ignore it and remind them that this is the same company which makes TurboTax and that they should be even more grateful that they have me and do not have to rely on that putrid program.

0 Cheers