Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Louisiana error in IT-540 Sch E Smart Worksheet when when 8915-E used for coronavirus related 1099-R

acuny
Level 3

When a 1099-R retirement plan distribution is tagged as coronavirus or covid related, and an 8915-E is generated, an error is also generated in Sch E under the Louisiana Retirement Income Smart Worksheet for the particular amount field for that 1099-R stating "Retirement amount We're still working on updates related to retirement distributions that qualify for disaster or covid relief. You can keep working on your return and we'll remove this message when it's ready." Any idea when this form is scheduled to be completed to accommodate this or is it actually a bug that needs fixing? The form is marked current and EF Ready and there is no other indication that we're waiting for any related update. I notified my clients that we were waiting until the 25th for the release of 8915-E, and they will be expecting contact this week regarding filing status. I will, of course, be calling support Monday, but thanks for any insight.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here