Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookback rule

Level 1

I see that H and R and Jackson Hewitt are advertising something called the lookback rule, meaning if a person has less income than they did last yr they can use their earned income from 2019 to claim earned income credit on the 2020 return.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Can such a return be electronically filed?  


Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Level 8
Level 8

Haven’t had to do it and don’t use basic but look on the eitc worksheet and see if there’s a field where you can make the adjustment . When you find where they want you to make the entry you should be able to efile it.

Level 13
0 Cheers