Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLC SINGLE MEMEBER REGISTERED AS OUT-OF-STATE IN CALIFORNIA

HOPE2
Level 8

Hi. My new client established his LLC single member in Colorado and live in California as of July. He registered foreign (out-of-state) LLC in California. I want to file his 568 form in California. All income generated in California. For Colorado, do not need to file LLC ( file Sch C) but for California should file 568. My question is what part of California's 568 should enter it is Foreign (out-of-State)? 

I am hoping someone can help me.

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure they really care, as long as they get their money...it might be one of the umpteen questions on the 568, they will all flag red until you answer them all.   

If you check the box at the top of the Sch C, that its a CA SMLLC it will transfer the info over to the 568 for you.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

umpteen questions on the 568, they will all flag red until you answer them all.

Concise, accurate and correct. Deserves high accolades, like SOLVED!

HOPE2
Level 8

Thanks Lisa but it is related out-of state LLC while we file 568. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

He registered as a foreign LLC with the CA secretary of state, like he should since he's doing business in CA and the LLC was formed somewhere else.   

Do they issue a state ID number for SMLLCs (I cant remember)?  If they did, that would go on the 568 as well as the Federal EIN.

Read through that long list of questions on the 568, it may be one of those questions, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it matters to FTB where he came from, as long as he files a return and they get their money.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think you may want to file Colorado. Do some research at https://tax.colorado.gov/business-income-tax   and https://tax.colorado.gov/sites/tax/files/Income%20Tax%20Nexus%20Soliciting%20Sales%20General%20Infor...

I know CA would come after a CA LLC. regardless of where they are. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

Thanks

0 Cheers