Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line 25 Form 8824 incorrectly calculates basis of like-kind property received when there is a partial 1031 exchange and a Section 121 exclusion doubling amount ln 25?

WDL
Level 2
Had to override ln 25 to fix the error and other line further down the smart worksheet.  Will I be able to e-file this return with the overrides?
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dascpa
Level 11

I calculate 1031's on an Excel worksheet for both deferral amounts and new basis amounts. I then make sure I and P.S. agree.  If necessary I've had to at times override P.S. numbers and never had an issue with e-filing.

0 Cheers
WDLTAX
Level 1

Thanks... ProSeries should fix this bug.  The process they put you through is so cumbersome and time consuming I don't have the time or energy to pursue it.

0 Cheers
WDLTAX
Level 1

Yeah, keeping my overrides failed the e-filing tests in final review.  I had to revert to the incorrect number calculated in order to file.  Then once the return was approved I went back and overrode Line 25 again to the correct amount.

0 Cheers