Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter received form Coop and 1098 form

ddh2020
Level 3

My client received a 1098 from my mortgage listing the insurance and real estate paid for his coop.

Additionally, he also received a letter from the coop listing the value of  shares for his apt.  It says that he should multiply share value times the number of shares.  I calculated these amounts and i get exactly the same amount of insurance and RE tax shown in his 1098 form.  Would I add the amount calculated from the letter to his deductions as well in Schedule A, on top of the deductions reflected in his 1098 form? Or that be duplicating the info incorrectly?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

The 1098 and the letter are duplicate. Use one.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

The 1098 and the letter are duplicate. Use one.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

This topic is Duplicate. You only need to ask Once. Here is the original, earlier, topic:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/letter-from-coop-vs-109...

I will flag this for Deletion. This is not the only topic you have started fresh, and it's the same crowd as the first time you asked. This is not Customer Support, but peer users. Everyone is a bit busy. Someone who knows the answer, if someone knows it, well stop into your topic to be helpful, as you see. There is no need to keep starting the same issue as new topics.

And it helps to preserve perspective. The more you use "I" for the taxpayer client, the more it appears this is a personal question.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
ddh2020
Level 3

i tried deleting the other message and could not do it.  Someone responded saying that i was in the wrong forum so I changed the wording since this is for my client not me. 

0 Cheers