Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late filing, balance due, can't pay full amount and calculated penalties

treasur2
Level 3

I have a tiny "practice". So limited software experience. Current (not new) client/TP attempted to do her own 2019 at Block. Thought she had filed....but has not. I confirmed after helping her establish tax account access and reviewing with her.

Now, I have 2019 1040 completed. Penalties and interest calculated. However, when attempting to schedule withdrawal of the entire amount. Software only allows (1). Original balance due  (2). Late Filing Penalty for withdraw.

Does not include (3). Late payment (4). Interest.

Why?

Will TP simply get a letter from IRS calculating this (again....but more accurate?) 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im just another user, people complain about it all the time, I have no idea why it works the way it does.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
either let IRS send a bill (which is what I do), or pay it through IRS DirectPay.

treasur2
Level 3

Thanks....but ..........why......is this the protocal for the software?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im just another user, people complain about it all the time, I have no idea why it works the way it does.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I always go with the idea that maybe the IRS will forget to bill the client for those extra rubles so the client wins because of that software feature.

Slava Ukraini!
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@treasur2 I fill out penalties and interest worksheet with some clients, and system lets me withdraw entire amount including penalties and interest. so you must have some data entry errors. Just go over everything, and pay attention to dates, as they must be same date you are efiling