Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LA Form IT-541 tax notice question Re: Proseries error

rjh1963
Level 2

I have a LA Form IT-541 Fiduciary return for 2021 that had a loss on the Federal Form 1041.  When the software pulled the info into LA IT-541, it correctly put an "X" on Page 1, Line 1 reflecting a negative number for the loss.  I got a tax notice from Louisiana today.  The agent informed me that although I e-filed the return, the "X" is not reflecting on the transmitted copy.  The "X" is on both my printed copy and on the screen and a PDF.  I now have to Amend the return and mail in the amended copy for Louisiana to be able to correct the error.

Has anyone else had this issue?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
colby76
Level 2

Hi rjh1963,

If the original LA Form IT-541 Fiduciary return for 2021 was filed prior to May 3, 2021 the output for line 1 Federal taxable income would have output as a positive amount with the checkbox selected when electronically filing the return. The fix for this defect was released on May 3, 2021.

If you filed the LA IT-541 Fiduciary return before May 3, 2021, please file an amended LA IT-541 return. Thank you for reaching out to us, we apologize for the inconvenience. We value you as a customer. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. 

Best Regards,

rjh1963
Level 2

I have paper filed an amended return to correct the E-file error, but according to my Electronic Postmark, I E-filed the return on June 3, 2022.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

That's interesting.  The software won't allow you to e-file without the most recent updates, and yet your tax return flew through the Intuit system with flying colors only to be swatted back by the state later on.  Maybe the Intuit fix didn't completely fix their issue.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers