Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kiddie tax schedule d problem in 2020 pro sries

billr617
Level 3

As previously posted there is a problem with the way kiddie tax is being calculated. You have to open the schedule D worksheet to get the correct tax. I talked to what I will politely call "tech support',  who informed me that they had no idea what it was about , tax wise or software wise. When I asked to be connected to someone who knew the software, as I have been able to do in past years, I was told that they are instructed to only pass on account problems. There are no other numbers or people to speak to. I was told that if I came across an error, such as the 8615 problem, to post it on the community bulletin board and the programmers would fix it.  When I asked how do I know if there are other such errors out there she simply said she did not know.

I have used Pro Series for 21 years, and have never encountered such callousness! Is that what this company has become? Any one else having the same experience this year? Is there strength in numbers to do anything such as vote with our feet and move to another company? Or does Intuit have a monopoly?  Completely frustrated and fed up, and no I don't think this has anything to do with COVID! 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here