Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-2

ajcpa
Level 3

I am attempting to complete K-2 involving foreign dividends and the form provides an error for not identifying a foreign country in Part II line one sales.    I spoke with Customer Service that I do not have any foreign sales  and they have no solution how to resolve the error.

Anyone else having this problem and if so, what is the solutions.   

So far this year, my experience with Customer Service has been terrible.  

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

How about US?

Ex-AllStar

Hello, 

The error message you are getting on Sch. K-2, Part II, Section 1, Line 1 states “For proper display of country totals, please select all countries for Part II on the Line 1 dropdown, even if Line 1 does not have a value for that country”.

To properly display the country totals on Part II, Section 1, Line 24, you must select all countries that have information to report in Part II on the Line 1 dropdowns. Once country selections are made on Line 1, the program will carry those same country selections to the remaining lines in Part II, Section 1, so that you can enter gross income amounts on the applicable lines. If there is no information to report for a particular line, then you can simply leave the amount fields blank for that line.

0 Cheers
ajcpa
Level 3

Thank you.   But line is for Sales.   It would appear to me from a design, if that is how the program operates, there should be separate are.   I thought I tried that but will try it again.   Clearly a lot of work for a small amount of money.

0 Cheers