Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-1 Imports into Form 1040 work only some of the time- WHY??

JCT1
Level 4

Intuit continues to gouge its customers for more and more on resubscription costs while its already lousy software continues to get worse.  I guess they either have decided customers have no options or Intuit simply doesn't give a rip, probably a combination of both.  But if practitioners are expected to pay exponentially higher prices each year is it really asking to much for Intuit to finally get the K-1 imports fixed?  I've reached the breaking point with Intuit- if they cannot get something like this fixed, which preparers should be able to take for granted will work properly every time, rather than almost never, then maybe I should find another vendor whose product will get it right.  

Or am i the only one who has this problem year after year?  The specific issue I get now is this:  although I have the partnership K-1 setup properly in the individual partner return, with matching SSNs, I keep being told there is no K-1 in the individual's 1040 file with an SSN matching that shown for the ptr in the Partnership file.  In other words, Proseries is totally wrong and they offer no way whatsoever to fix.  I can only continue to express my hatred for Intuit and its suck products which continue to be more worthless as they become more expensive.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

I agree that Intuit sucks, but I have never had an issue importing a K-1🤔

Slava Ukraini!
ljr
Level 8

I guess I'm getting too old. I don't import anything. I am to OCD. In the amount of time I would spend to check if everything came over correctly I could type it in myself. 

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

been importing K-1s for years.. as long as the SS#s match, never had a problem.  some things, still have to be tweaked after the input sometimes, including 199A deduction

IRonMaN
Level 15

I never used to import K-1s but with the advent of form 7203, I got in the habit of importing because it saves a little time messing around with the form

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers