Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-1 for S Corp not ready fo file message Proseries basic

elpala
Level 2

As per Intuit forms list, K-1 form for S-Corp is ready to print and file. But I'm receiving a message in my Proseries that the K-1 is not ready to file until 2/16/2023. Does anyone have this issue?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taxshack
Level 5

Correct.  Forms not being finalized is different from other errors.  You can't turn off the error checking and file anyway if a form isn't finalized.  The software will just block you every time.

Preparing taxes is not my life, but my life is amazing because I prepare taxes.

View solution in original post

16 Comments 16
jjames94
Level 1

Same problem! 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Out of curiosity, why are you wondering if other people have that issue? Do you think that other people's version of ProSeries Basic will allow it before 2/16/2023?

0 Cheers
elpala
Level 2

The question is because when I checked the Intuit Current Status of all Forms, I saw that the K-1 Scorp is ready for Print and File. So, I can think this message should be an error in my program. I just wanted to confirm that the problem is not only mine. 

thanks for share and have a blessed day

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

That makes sense.

I guess I would just wait a week.  Or if you really want to try, you could disable error-checking and try to file it now and see what happens.

0 Cheers
taxshack
Level 5

In my software, PS Professional, the forms were final on the corporate side, but the worksheets on the personal side are the ones that won't be ready until 2/16. 

elpala
Level 2

Why not? we never know what happens when one tries something new. that is the source of the creation

thanks for the tip and your time

blessed day

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Same on professional. K-1 states 02/16 date. My people are aware and await for my ok. 

0 Cheers
elpala
Level 2

Good morning German22 and thanks for your time and your answer

have a blessed day

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

And to you as well. 

Good luck to your season!!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Thank you German😉

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
elpala
Level 2

Good afternoon I tried to efile a personal tax return with a K-1 error and Proseries doesn't let me know to e-filing. it return the message you need to wait for 2/16/23 :-(( 

It is what it is

0 Cheers
taxshack
Level 5

Correct.  Forms not being finalized is different from other errors.  You can't turn off the error checking and file anyway if a form isn't finalized.  The software will just block you every time.

elpala
Level 2

Good afternoon Taxshack: That's why I said "It is what it is". Thanks for your answer and your time

have a blessed day

0 Cheers
elpala
Level 2

Hi Taxshack: I have the Proseries professional version and for 1040 form, there is a message that 1120 S K-1 is not release until Feb 21? Do you have the same issue? thanks and have a blessed day

0 Cheers
taxshack
Level 5

I do.  So unfortunately we just have to wait a couple more days.  Hopefully it doesn't change again.

0 Cheers
elpala
Level 2

Taxshack thanks for you answer and your time

Have a blessed day

0 Cheers