Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Today -

dascpa
Level 11

Wish I could make this up.

First tax return today - wants to deduct boob job.  Not a stripper but in pharmaceutical sales.  Says she's selling more since.

Afternoon - is a circumcision deductible?  Turns out yes, it's a medical expense and not considered a cosmetic procedure.  My son was going to become a Mohel but ended up just becoming a rabbi.  He didn't want to work for tips.......

[edited]

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

I gotta admit, that is a post headline that we don't see too often here ----------- that's maybe a good thing.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Not a stripper but in pharmaceutical sales"

Maybe she's just demoing the samples, as examples?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
dkh
Level 15

My son was going to become a Mohel but ended up just becoming a rabbi.  He didn't want to work for tips.......

Ok - is it just me or is this not hilarious 😂😂     

IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually, I'm surprised he posted this soon.  I figured he would be closely examining the before and after pictures of the sales lady.  He usually likes to properly research a matter before he makes any final decisions.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

The mohel

After many years, a mohel had saved the foreskins from thousands of circumcisions and didn't know what to do with them so he brought them to his tailor. A couple weeks later, the tailor hands the mohel a wallet and the mohel, disappointed, says, "I give you thousands of foreskin and all you can make me is this wallet?!"
To which the tailor responds, " Yes, but rub it and it becomes a suitcase!"

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Looks like someone has done some editing to the headlines.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Tell her that deduction was repealed in 2017 by the TCJA.*

*(T***s Cup Job Adjustment)

PATAX
Level 15

Due diligence may require that you verify that pharmaceutical reps claim, just in case she's audited...then you can stand firmly with your client. Just my opinion. 😉

taxes96786
Level 9

Boob job must be an ordinary and necessary expense for the business. Does she remove them when she is not working or does she go out in public with them when not working? Ask her how many people in her profession have had this done. Show her the tax law if you have to but don't deduct it unless it was to correct a medical condition.

You gotta love clients...what happened to the days they just wanted to deduct their nylons, clothing and cosmetics.

0 Cheers