Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Filed My 100th Return

So it took me 41 days to hit my 100th individual return.  I have many partially completed, with additional information needed.  Compared to last year, taking into account the extra day in February, I am about where I was last year at this time.  So I need to pick it up to make up for the three less days this year at the end.

I realize that if I was Jim, 100 would be a really bad week.  But for the rest of us non-superhero preparers, is 100 done returns good at this point?  I know, a lot depends on the complexity of the returns prepared.  Is anyone way ahead or way behind of their last years pace at this point?

7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

Non-superhero preparer here...I'm running close to last years numbers.  I'm really surprised  because I'm struggling with "I wish I was retired" attitude this year.

I wonder if Jim wears a cape while he is preparing taxes.....lol

IRonMaN
Level 15

100 returns?  It’s kind of like converting dog years to human years so I think that means you have completed 700 when making the conversion to Jim returns.  So good job.  

I just looked this afternoon and saw that I was slightly ahead of returns out the door compared to last year.  Which means I am just keeping my head above water since I have about the same number of returns ahead of schedule in the door compared to last year at this time.

Slava Ukraini!
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I never have much idea.  Seems like the same even with the ones I let go.  100 was along time ago though.  Maybe 41 days.  Took a break for grandsons b-day this weekend and getting behind again.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@taxiowa  …played hookie yesterday and took grandson to see O’s v BlueJays spring training for his birthday!  He caught a foul ball. ️ .  

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@IRonMaN very close.. at 732 so far plus another maybe 60 corporate and partnership returns so far.

PATAX
Level 15

returns require more time to properly complete. most of us do not have too many easy returns. 

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Have to be cautious e-filing returns with software that is a work-in-progress.