Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's nice to see that those votes really count

IRonMaN
Level 15

I can't help but notice that this morning 2 ideas were implemented based on posts showing up here.  One suggestion had 6 votes and the other had 10.  Yet there are suggestions that have hundreds of votes that just don't make the cut.  Why bother teasing people with the idea of votes really matter?  Just further proof that the posting of suggestions is merely an attempt to make users feel better, there is no real intent in actually listening to what the people that are opening up their wallets have to say.  The only positive thing about the idea exchanges is the fact that we aren't required to dump money down into the wishing well while we are making our wish.  

Slava Ukraini!
16 Comments 16
IRonMaN
Level 15

And another idea has been "accepted" after reaching the high water mark of 10 votes.

For all of the ProSeries users out there, has anybody ever thought about asking for form 5227 to be added?

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I'm not sure which is worse....

1) They think we are gullible enough to fall for this (not that us long-term regulars do)

or

2) They just continue to ignore the requests, especially the ones to implement certain tax LAW 'improvements

Should we do a poll?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

How can you tell?   I Sort by Accepted and it tells me No Posts Found 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IRonMaN  If they would just fix the things that are broken first.....

Dusty2
Level 7

Where do you see this?

Thanks

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I just added a new poll... vote early and vote frequent 🙂

IRonMaN
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now-  and @Dusty2 

I read a post that Jim from Intuit had replied to and then opened up a couple more of his replies after I read the first one.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

@The_AntiTax_Man  - but that's the problem.  Intuit subscribes to Newton's laws - for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  If they fix one thing that means they have to break something else 😱

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN 👍 what a joke.. I hear a song playing on my "smart phone": "send in the clowns🤡.... where are the clowns 🤡"

IRonMaN
Level 15

Is your version of that song played with accordion accompaniment ------- kind of a polka beat to it?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

No I actually heard that song on the Classic Arts Showcase on TV. The song kind of sticks with you in your brain. If you can get that channel up there in Minnesota, it is real great. I pick it up on the antenna since I cut the cable cord.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You can use some of our cable if you want.  Do you have a cord long enough to reach from MN to PA?  If not maybe you can splice a couple of them together.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I actually pick up a lot of channels on this leaf antenna or whatever they call it. All free and many educational channels, public broadcasting and so forth. The cable fees were getting absolutely ridiculous, they kept raising the price every year. All of those channels and most were garbage. Why pay for something that you don't use? Plus we don't have much time to watch TV anyways, with all of this tax return work. I'm working on a partnership return right now. More to go.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I watch very little TV.  When I do it seems like PBS draws my attention most of the time.  The other night I caught the old  Alone in the Wilderness show about the dude that lived up in Alaska by himself for 30 years.  I'm watching him saw wood, amazed how he could cut such nice wood slabs sawing the length of a log.  I'm thinking I can't cut the end of a 2x4 straight with a hand saw and he is cutting wood like it came out of a sawmill.  That guy was talented and resourceful.  

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

I can't help but notice that this morning 2 ideas were implemented based on posts showing up here.  One suggestion had 6 votes and the other had 10.  Yet there are suggestions that have hundreds of votes that just don't make the cut. 

I think you were looking at the "Tax Advisor" program suggestions/enhancements.  That is Intuit's new attempt to rip off clients, so they are focusing on that.

If you look at the 1,067 suggestion on the list for ProSeries, you'll see where ProSeries ranks. 💩  You can sort the "Status" and look at the ones that have been "Accepted" or "Implemented".  😠

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

IRonMaN
Level 15

Are you saying we are living on the wrong side of the railroad tracks?😜

Slava Ukraini!