Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT-204LL

JRFS K
Level 3

Good morning.  We are a first time user of ProSeries.  I am having issues filing IT-204 LL.  Called ProSeries 5 times trying to resolve the issue to no help.  It looks like I will be paper filing several of these forms.  Some partnerships I can override to force the filing, but several gives me error message that IT-204LL is an inactive form.  No one at ProSeries can seem to tell me how to fix it.  Maybe something happened in converting files to ProSeries, I don't know.  They are coded LLC's.

I found out last night that ProSeries is having issues within their system; this is not an issue with an unapproved form.  Is this the norm for ProSeries.  We left a much cheaper company that people we know still use, and they filed with no issues.

I prefer to efile, have the money come out of clients' account directly, and have proof of efiling rather than mailing.  Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.  It's got to be better than what I've experienced so far.  

I tried calling again today, but they don't seem to have people located on the East Coast, so I will have to wait until 9am to speak to someone...again.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dascpa
Level 11

I have filed numerous IT-204-LL's even though I'm not a NY preparer.  All were filed with no problems.  What is your issue?  Do be aware you need to check the box on the Federal Info Worksheet to e-file the form first.  This activates it in the NY program.

0 Cheers
JRFS K
Level 3

Yes, we had the box checked correctly.  That I was able to find through this message board by other people having the same issue.  Unfortunately in my case it is not helping.  I have a feeling something happened during the conversion.  Thank you for your help.

0 Cheers
PWHITECPA
Level 2

Do you know how to file more than one IT 204-LL   on a personal return (two disregarded entities)

0 Cheers