Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT-203 form and military exempt from tax in their state

nancytritto
Level 1

How do I get the amount in the allocation form not to show income from NY - He was in the marines station in VA for the last 3 years and should be exempt from NY state tax

Thanks

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
JeffB70
Level 1

Did you get a response for your question?  I have a similar issue

0 Cheers
JeffB70
Level 1

I have a client who is married filing jointly.  My client is an active duty military member.  Wages are reported on her W2 for New York.  She and her spouse are non resident status since they live in New Mexico.  The IT-203 non-resident NY return is showing taxes due, but this can't be right.  She should be tax-exempt because her military status.  How do I fix this in my ProSeries Basic software?

0 Cheers
Intuit_Matt B
Employee
Employee

If the amount is entered on the Federal Form W-2, you should be able to change what is going to the state on either the Federal non-resident allocation worksheet or on the NY Part-Year/Nonresident allocation worksheet. The amounts will prefill on the state side from the Federal allocation worksheet but you can change it in either place.

0 Cheers