Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Proseries, Client Letters, Social Security Form, Billing/Rate Per Form

WTSAbe
Level 3

These are some of the issues that I found with Proseries this year. 

1.  On the Social Security Benefits Worksheet, it doesn't have labels for Taxpayer and Spouse anymore. This is not really a problem but it was there in every other version of the program.

2.  Client Letters, if you are working on a client return and you try to print a client letter the function is disable. You have to save the return go back to home base and reopen it for the function to be enable.

3. A think a recent update change the Billing/Rate Per Form and move your previous fees one form down after you get past the first few pages of forms.  For me the first form it effected was Form 4562 and every form after it had the fee move down one form.  So many forms had no charge when it normally would.  Also, this has cause me to overcharge people on Bank Products because I would save the form with the right fee but it would recalculate the fee when I electronically file the return and the fee with go up after I had sent it which forces me to issue fee refunds to my clients.   I think I resolve this now as I fixed all the fees. 

4. On Form 1095-A, the copy line function in Part III works completely different they in previous version. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work. Sometimes you will click on one line and it will copy it to all the lines. 

I hope they can resolve these issues in a future update. 

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
dascpa
Level 11

#2 Client Letters - it also works if you flip back to state and then back to Federal to reactivate it.  Still an error but saves you from exiting the file.

0 Cheers