Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues regarding 1099-R and other fields (I assume).

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I assume this has not been addressed as of yet. But this is specifically regarding the 1099-R issue and navigating all fields. 

The fix is....go to tools/options/general and under field navigation, change from all fields to input fields only.

This should correct our issues regarding moving around all fields within.

Credit goes to FB community for PS.

If this has already been posted, this can be deleted.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

Thanks, Mike.

I haven't played with it yet but one of the first things I do when I install the software is pull up the prior year and go screen-by-screen on the option settings to make sure everything carried over correctly.  It's also an easy way to spot new options (or ones that disappeared).

I thought there was still a different ordering problem with the 1099-R tab/enter jumping around funny from field to field, but maybe that's been fixed with an update (or maybe the poster of that thread also didn't have the setting turned on.) <shrug>

Either way, thanks for the update!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
34 Comments 34
rbynaker
Level 13

Thanks, Mike.

I haven't played with it yet but one of the first things I do when I install the software is pull up the prior year and go screen-by-screen on the option settings to make sure everything carried over correctly.  It's also an easy way to spot new options (or ones that disappeared).

I thought there was still a different ordering problem with the 1099-R tab/enter jumping around funny from field to field, but maybe that's been fixed with an update (or maybe the poster of that thread also didn't have the setting turned on.) <shrug>

Either way, thanks for the update!

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I did just that when i had to re-install all my years after my computer went on the fritz last year. But I think your idea is smart to do after installation to ensure carry over from prior year.

If you do find that issue please let me know. Once I changed the option, it started going from input to input field.
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10
I had commented earlier about the 1099-R issue being a bug....Sorry for crying wolf, once I changed the option as you suggested, it worked as well as it always has.  Hopefully intuit is not spending time fixing this "bug".
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"Hopefully intuit is not spending time fixing this "bug"."

They stopped working on all other bugs in order to fix this issue.  This should free up some time to get everything else fixed now.  :relieved:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
which option?    My 1099R is still going to the wrong places

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
nevermind, I see it above!

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10
Glad I could help!
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10
Tried a sarcasm emoji, but I don't have the security clearance for emojis.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Sarcasm isn't allowed here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
Camp:  Once you get enough Thumbs UP IRMN will mail you a ACME catalog for you to order your gifts from.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Oh lord....Im moving away from @IRonMaN. Dont want to get struck by lightning. :smile:
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Garman - check out page 12 of the ACME catalog - lightning rods.
I'm getting excited about the new forum.  I hear they are going to issue kudos catalogs to replace the ACME catalogs.  I can hardly wait to see what they have to offer.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I was looking but must've skipped over. This is exciting news for you and ACME! Going big time!
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10
No emoji so my description.... Index finger and thumb joined at the tip to form a circle, with three remaining fingers pointing upwards.......Okay!
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
I've been pushing for a participation prize for years now.  Everyone allowed into the community gets a free invoice each year from Intuit.*  (And conversely, everyone who doesn't get an invoice each year is not allowed into the community.)

* Note "free" applies only to the invoice not to the items listed on the invoice.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Would that invoice be double spaced?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
yes, act now an you'll get double the spacing absolutely free!

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
It's a pilot program this year.  If it works out they will add a new mandatory double-space fee next year.
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
But wait, there's more .... call in the next 10 minutes and we will include a copy of the non-existent in PS Form B-2 for free.... just pay shipping and handling costs.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"just pay shipping and handling costs"
Plus the $19.95 technology fee :smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
Almost forgot about the all important Fast Path fee
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
Disclaimer: The B-2 form provided will be the blank PDF version from the IRS website.  You will still need to print it, fill it out in orange crayon and mail it to the IRS with a paper copy of the 1065.  Be sure to set your printer scaling to fit everything on a postcard.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

That's kind of surprising to me ------------------- I didn't even know ProSeries had a football community.  You learn something new every day 🙂

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
FB is a wonderful thing.....did you watch the KC/Patriots game?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I saw a few bits and pieces.  I was confused though.  I don't know if the kicker for KC knew what he was doing at the end of the fourth quarter.  After watching the last Chicago game, I thought the idea was to have the football bounce off the goal posts as many times as you could.  This guy just kicked it through the middle of the goal posts.  I just hope he doesn't lose his job for doing that :football: :runner::football: :runner:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
OUCH!!! Are you bashing the Bears because we knocked out the Vikings? Funny emoji tho!! :laughing::laughing:
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
They were our division representative, so I wouldn't knock them.  Especially since we have suffered the agony of a kicker not being able to save the day more than once.  I saw a story the other day that some brewery in Chicago set up some goal posts and invited folks to come down and show how easy it was to make the field goal.  Nobody that signed up had any luck so it looks like your kicker is going to keep his job :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Lol!! That is true. I forgot Minnesota had their own issues. Yeah, i think it was 312 brewery that offered a year of free beer for anyone who could kick a 43 yarder. I saw a couple kick it and it was hilarious. Parkey has 9 mil guaranteed but I hear they may move him. Not because he missed soooooo many this year and many PAT's, he went on Good Morning America and Matt Nagy (coach) was none too happy he did that. It'd be hilarious if they resigned Robbie Gould. :smile::smile:
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
I was bummed that the Saints got completely screwed by the refs.  At least two big PI no-calls.  That game should have never made it to OT.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I missed that game yesterday but I've been watching the highlights on ESPN....TOTAL missed call. The helmet-to-helmet one.....WOW!!! How do they miss that?!?!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
Drew Brees really is one of the classiest guys in the biz.  No trash talking and anytime I've seen anyone compliment him on a win he always gives credit to his team, "the O line really stepped up" or "it was the defense forcing a 3-and-out that gave us great field position."  He deserves another ring before he retires.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Yeah, I was pulling for them because of Brees.  I didn't see the game but I saw the replay last night.  If you can miss something that bad, you really should change positions from ref to one of the guys that holds the down marker.  But maybe he might even be better off walking around the stadium selling beer.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Im not sure I'd want him to sell me beer either. He might not see he gave me one and that would be a tragedy!!
0 Cheers