Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues printing 2023 Schedule CA (540) California Adjustments - Residents

ns207
Level 1

When I print the return, Sch CA 540 Residents prints with "E-FILE ONLY DO NOT MAIL" watermark. I called support and went through different settings etc. All updates have been installed, form does not show yellow bar error and Sch CA 540 is listed as ready to print as of 1/24.

I haven't been able to find any reasoning or solution. The sch is available/fillable from FTB, and instructions don't mention anything about efile only. I've never had this happen previous years. It only prints it on the 6 pages of Sch CA 540, the rest of the CA return doesn't have it.

Watermark is not checked. Support had me add it but leave it blank and did not change either. Hoping someone has some info/insight. Thank you

exampleca540.JPG

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ns207
Level 1

It's been resolved now and no more watermark. Thank you guys for the reponses

ps.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

The software isn't * ready for prime time * yet.

WHEN it is, that watermark will go away.

And nope, I don't know when that will be..... unfortunately.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its supposed to be final for printing, but I just ran REFRESH UPDATES and its still watermarked, so I guess its just not ready yet.  Id expect to see a big update over the weekend getting ready for Monday.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

AFWIW - Lacerte doesn't have the form ready yet, either.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
MobileTaxGuy
Level 3

Still not ready, even though the Form Availability web page says it is both E-file and Print ready.

0 Cheers
ns207
Level 1

It's been resolved now and no more watermark. Thank you guys for the reponses

ps.JPG

0 Cheers