Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way I can get the status in Home Base View to show "EF Accepted" automatically?

JSK
Level 3

I like to use the tax status column in Home Base view to help me verify as a 2nd check that the return was accepted.  Some of the clients will reflect "EF Accepted" automatically after returns are accepted.  However, some will show "Client Billed".  Is there a way to have EF Accepted show when the return is accepted?  I know it sounds immaterial, but my "inside the box" brain likes to view quickly what was accepted and what still has to be filed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think you have to open the return for the status to update.

I stay almost exclusively in the EFcenter, Accepted returns are in the Accepted Tab, easy to keep track of whats what.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
JSK
Level 3

Thank you Lisa.  I did update it because I thought that would fix the issue.  I think I will just stay in EF center.  I'm just so used to using the 1040 Home Base, to separate the corporate and non profits out, but that may be what I will have to do.

Thanks again for your quick assist!

dascpa
Level 11

Yes you can.  Go to Home Base Menu and then Add/Edit Views.  There are a ton of columns you can add.  I do "Client Status" which shows last item box checked on the Client Status worksheet.  I also do "Date Final Printed" and "Extension (yes or no), etc.  You can also add current and prior year fees.  note, you have to do this for each 1040, 1065, 1120, etc.

I also then click on Client Status box at top of Home Base and let it sort by all statuses.  If I need alphabetical I can go back to the original Home Base view.

JSK
Level 3

Thank you, but EF Accepted is not one of the choices.  I thought Client Status went by the last date entered.  I billed the client, then I efiled.  The Efile was accepted after I billed the client.  Homebase view still shows client billed, ot EF accepted.  I got nervous, and had to go check the efile view.  It showed there that it was accepted.  I was trying to get that to show on the home base view.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

My HomeBase for each section clearly shows:

Appointment Scheduled, Data Received, Final Printed, EF Signatures Needed, Efiled Return, EF Accepted and more.  Used to have problem years ago HomeBase would not always update for EF but no issue last couple of years.

Chipper1968
Level 2

I also work soley in Home Base (except when E-filing returns) and have had the same problem for over 20 years of using ProSeries - once you do something admin related (like creating an invoice) and then re-save the file you lose the "EF Accepted" in Home Base, and unless someone in the "software" department adds a fix to this "problem"  it can never be brought back as "EF Accepted".