Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a tax district lookup for illinois

eaf1213
Level 4

Is there a way to lookup tax districts for Illinois addresses like Ohio has the Finder?

14 Comments 14
PATAX
Level 15

There is a website for Pennsylvania for this too. So I don't see why there would not be one for Illinois. Do a Google search on your smartphone and see if you can find it. I wouldn't do it on the computer just in case of viruses. Keep using different search words and maybe you can find it with Google.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

By districts, do you mean Illinois counties? We dont have districts in that sense. 

Do you mean for the sales tax rate?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Do you mean Indiana instead of Illinois?  Just thought I would throw that out there since we now appear to be playing "What's that Question" and Indiana is another "I" state.

Slava Ukraini!

You are right.  We are playing “what’s the question”?  Another instance of the OP not clear on what is being asked.  Now if the question was something like “Who is better, Packers or Vikings?” Or “What IL accountant hordes the Fireball?”, we could have a great discussion!

eaf1213
Level 4

To clarify, by districts I mean any local tax entity in Ilinois. For example, Ohio has a tax district lookup that shows county, city and school district information by address. it gives tax rates if applicable for each.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

We do not have one of those "lookups" that I am aware of. I know what you mean as Wisconsin has locality and district #'s. Illinois only  requires county and property index numbers and unless you have the property tax bill, you must do the search.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@Frustrated-in-IL wrote:

You are right.  We are playing “what’s the question”?  Another instance of the OP not clear on what is being asked.  Now if the question was something like “Who is better, Packers or Vikings?” Or “What IL accountant hordes the Fireball?”, we could have a great discussion!

Hahahah!!! I would like to add the Bears into the mix!! 

There are no local income taxes in Illinois.  The income tax rate in every municipality is 4.95%.  However, sales tax rates vary significantly from one municipality to the next.  There is a great sales tax lookup for every municipality and county, and the lookup can be done by date, on the IDOR website under the research tab.

0 Cheers

There are no local income taxes in Illinois.  The income tax rate in every municipality is 4.95%.  However, sales tax rates vary significantly from one municipality to the next.  There is a great sales tax lookup for every municipality and county, and the lookup can be done by date, on the IDOR website under the resources drop-down, then research tab.

0 Cheers

I think a good question regarding the Bears would be “where are they going to play?”  I believe they bought the Arlington Heights property but now are looking at property in Naperville.  Apparently, the Arlington Heights  property was re-assessed and the property taxes will be significantly higher than thought.  Looks like a real mess.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@Frustrated-in-IL wrote:

I think a good question regarding the Bears would be “where are they going to play?”  I believe they bought the Arlington Heights property but now are looking at property in Naperville.  Apparently, the Arlington Heights  property was re-assessed and the property taxes will be significantly higher than thought.  Looks like a real mess.

OH?! Get out of dodge?! I was unaware they were looking at Naperville or that was even an option. I am actually ok with them in either Arlington Heights or Naperville as both are 20'ish minutes from me. 

0 Cheers
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@Frustrated-in-IL wrote:

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/02/chicago-bears-considering-stadium-in-naperville-not-arling...

Time to play chicken........if Arlington really wants them, they will do what needs to be done. 

0 Cheers