Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Intuit ProSeries providing Form 1116, Sch B?

EdwinP
Level 2

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
emilya
Level 1

The forms release schedule says it will be available by March 31. 

View solution in original post

15 Comments 15
emilya
Level 1

The forms release schedule says it will be available by March 31. 

EdwinP
Level 2

Thanks for providing that date.  I sure hope it was sooner as I have tax returns currently waiting on this form.

darocco
Level 5

This schedule will be updated by 3/31..My bigger concern is that according to Pro Series update schedule.it will not be supported by Efiling...This is ridiculous..If this is the case.I am going to print out the schedule and add it to the return as an attachment and Efile.It appears that if you override the(2) carryover to 2022 numbers and leave it blank you are able to efile. Hopefully, I will not have to do this.. I am not mailing these returns.

catherine
Level 3

MAILING these returns is NOT an OPTION!!!  IRS REQUIRES E-File if you prepare MORE than 10 tax returns

WHY IS PROSERIES causing this problem?  

Drake Software have this sorted out already. What's going on with Intuit Proseries??

0 Cheers
IntuitBrittneyS
Intuit Alumni

Update: Form 1116 Sch B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation Schedule is now estimated to be ready for print on 3/10.

Although Form 1116 Sch B is not supported for e-file, you will be able to E-File returns with the 1116 Schedule B attached as a PDF, once that form is finalized.

For more information, please see our ProSeries Release dates page. 

0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

This form has been updated on ProSeries but not Basic When will this be available on Basic? Schedule showed today (3/10) and I called customer service and they couldn't answer I would have assumed both modules would have updated at the same time.

From BASIC Form Availability

Form 1116 Sch B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation ScheduleFinal on 03/10/2022, EF on 03/10/2022
Form 1116 Sch B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation Schedule for AMTFinal on 03/10/2022, EF on 03/10/2022
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

ProSeries is not known for having forms available at sunrise on the day scheduled to be released.   Give it until sundown see what happens.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Mine got the update yesterday and I was able to file a return and have it accepted.

Update and go for it!

0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

It has been updated on ProSeries but not Basic as of this morning.I already updated

0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

It has been updated on ProSeries but not Basic.

0 Cheers
EdwinP
Level 2

The form has not been updated for trust returns as of this morning.

0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

I don’t even see the form 1116 schedule B on ProSeries 1041  Efile list of releases 

0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

Basic was just updated for form 1116 schedule B…

0 Cheers
EdwinP
Level 2

Like others have already said, the form is useless if the return still cannot be e-filed. This needs to be fixed ASAP. 

0 Cheers
darocco
Level 5

You can Efile the return. You just need to attach the Form 1116 sch. B as a .pdf file. I just Efiled a client with this form. I will let you know when it is accepted.

…. return was just accepted…

when you add form as attachment there is an indicator for Form 1116 and then the schedule b automatically shows in the description.