Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING AN ERROR ON FORM 3468 PART 1 LINE 2A?

DRA1
Level 1

IS THIS IRS NUMBER REQUIRED?

11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

3468 doesnt ring a bell, what type of tax return are you preparing?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Ben B
Level 2

Yes, I'm having trouble with that error too.  The form 3468 instructions say "If applicable, enter your pre-filing registration number..." so I'm thinking it is not required, but I still get the error if I input "Not Applicable". The taxpayer says they don't have an IRS registration number. 

Also, when I enter the cost of the solar energy property on form 3468, Part VI, Line 3a, the cost does not flow to the K-1s on the 1065 and 1120S modules in Proseries.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It is a known error that Intuit screwed something up and is giving that incorrect message.

Ben B
Level 2

Ok, that is good to know.  Hopefully they fix it soon.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

@DRA1 @Ben B We'd like to look into this further, I sent you instructions on how to upload a sanitized file for research, thank you. 

KSshorty04
Level 1

I've been waiting since Thursday for someone to get back to me on this issue. The agents over the phone don't seem to be aware of how to proceed with this form 3468 and gasification issues.

Ben B
Level 2

Just uploaded a sample file.  Thanks Gabi!

0 Cheers
Ben B
Level 2

I just sent Intuit a sample file of how the 3468 currently works, with the Line 2a error and project cost data not flowing to 1120S/1065 Schedule K and the shareholder/partner K-1s.  Hopefully they are working on fixing it.  

0 Cheers
Vincam
Level 1

I was supplied with a solution to this problem from the TurboTax site and it worked to get it e-filed. Here is the link with the solution and also information on another issue with this form you may not be aware of. So far I was able to file, hasn't been accepted yet but it did let me file it.

Error form 3468 registration number (intuit.com)

Ben B
Level 2

Thanks Vincam,

I took a look at that thread you linked and it has some helpful info in it.  It looks like other people have had some of the same problems. 

0 Cheers
Vincam
Level 1

Yes I'm not an accountant, just a regular filer but l found this thread when I was researching this issue and thought I'd post the solution they gave me. It did allow it to be filed. Still waiting on acceptance at the moment.

0 Cheers