Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Treasury 310

Hillenburg
Level 4

Client called today and said he received a direct deposit to his checking account labeled IRS Treasury 310.  He has already received his federal tax refund and the full amount of the 3 stimulus payments. He and his wife have no dependents.   Any ideas what this is ? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
heidis
Level 3

Have the client check the label again. There are other prefixes to that verbiage (IRS Treasury 310) such as FEMA or SBAD, they are each for different types of payments: FEMA, Small Business Loans, etc.

Hillenburg
Level 4

Will do.

BobKamman
Level 15

First it's just "he," and then it's "he and hs wife."  Have both received the full amounts ($1200, $600 and $1400)?

Hillenburg
Level 4

Yes.

BobKamman
Level 15

And what was the amount of the check?

Was their 2019 AGI more than $150,000, and less than that in 2020?

Hillenburg
Level 4

The deposit was in the $600. range.  I don't remember the exact amount.  AGI was under $40,000. both years.

BobKamman
Level 15

Do they receive Social Security?  It might be a retroactive adjustment to their benefits, although I'm not sure the "IRS" designation would be attached to those.  Did this happen today, or overnight?  Social Security sends out a lot of money on Wednesdays.  

Interesting that they called you before calling the bank.  Maybe your office opens earlier.  

TAXOH
Level 11

Did they have unemployment on the original return that did not exclude the $10,200?

BobKamman
Level 15

Why didn't I think of that?

BobKamman
Level 15

Although didn't IRS say they're not going to start on joint returns until after they do the unmarried ones first?

TAXOH
Level 11

I remembered that the IRS was supposed to start adjusting those starting this month because I have several clients that should be getting additional refunds.

Hillenburg
Level 4

Client just now called.  Said he got a letter today concerning the deposit.  I will try to post back after I have read it.  Thanks to everyone for the input.  Mickey.

BobKamman
Level 15

I thought they weren't going to start until May. 

Oh, that's right . . .

Well, Happy Cinco de Mayo🏜

qbteachmt
Level 15

You can get the taxpayer to do the online tax account access, or to request their Tax account transcript. It is identified there.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I had a client call this morning said they received their refund earlier but had another deposit show up in their bank account today.  It was from a return that was filed early on and the deposit just happened to agree with the the amount of the health insurance premium tax credit repayment.  So evidently those refunds are being pushed out already.

Slava Ukraini!