Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS rejection acknowledge for 2021 TAXES

Americatax1
Level 2

I e-filed Form 1040 for 2021 on January 24,2022 - I got the submission number that says "Sent to the IRS" but after 3 days I haven't received any confirmation about being accepted or rejected. I contacted the IRS and they told me that they have rejected the tax due to a mistake in form 8962 - I contacted Proseires technical support but nobody could solve this problem

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Highlight the return in the Pending Tab of the EFCenter, then choose this....see if that pulls the rejection in.   Then call your client and tell them they're missing the 1095A form for their health insurance.

updateacks.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Your clients have market place insurance or IRS is stating they have it. 

This rejection must be new, normally IRS kicks a letter back.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Really @Just-Lisa-Now- 9 secs before I answered?! 🤣

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

JustLisaNow_0-1643315774216.png

Americatax1
Level 2

Thank you Lisa, I already tried to update the acknowledgment status and nothing. I did enter the form 1095 and no errors were detected before e-filing

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Oh wow, that is weird then. You may be stuck calling into Support and see why the acknowledgement/rejection hasn't come back yet.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

that is messed up. 

Let us know what happens with customer support. 

0 Cheers
Americatax1
Level 2

Thank you! Now I got the rejection after 4 calls to  the IRS and Costumer Service :

Return Rejected 01/28/2022
Code: F8962-006-01
Form: 0(00) Form Copy:
Line #:
Description: 94(/efile:Return/efile:ReturnData/efile:IRS8962/efile:FederalPovertyLevelPct)
Error Detail:
If Form 8962, Line 1 'TotalExemptionsCnt' has a non-zero value, then Line 5
'FederalPovertyLevelPct' must be equal to Line 3 'HouseholdIncomeAmt' divided by Line 4
'PovertyLevelAmt'.
Error Resolution:
This return cannot be electronically filed at this time due to a processing error that will be
corrected on February 3, 2022. On or after February 3, 2022 open the rejected return,
review it for errors, and resubmit the return for electronic filing

Americatax1
Level 2

Thank you! Now I got the rejection after 4 calls to  the IRS and Costumer Service :

Return Rejected 01/28/2022
Code: F8962-006-01
Form: 0(00) Form Copy:
Line #:
Description: 94(/efile:Return/efile:ReturnData/efile:IRS8962/efile:FederalPovertyLevelPct)
Error Detail:
If Form 8962, Line 1 'TotalExemptionsCnt' has a non-zero value, then Line 5
'FederalPovertyLevelPct' must be equal to Line 3 'HouseholdIncomeAmt' divided by Line 4
'PovertyLevelAmt'.
Error Resolution:
This return cannot be electronically filed at this time due to a processing error that will be
corrected on February 3, 2022. On or after February 3, 2022 open the rejected return,
review it for errors, and resubmit the return for electronic filing

0 Cheers
jpmusseb
Level 1

I have same rejection for a couple of clients even though form 1095-A is attached and form 8962 filled. 

kdoylecpa
Level 1

Hello, received this same error today F8962-006. Tried updating the program. Has anyone gotten any guidance on this error? I have included the Form 1095-A in my preparation.

JaUrbanski
Level 3

Same error here. F8962-006-01

Confirmed all data is entered correctly, no errors in Proseries and program up-to-date.  What is the fix?  What is a workaround?

0 Cheers
nepionic
Level 1

Hi,

I just received the error listed below and discovered that the Instructions for form 8962 had the incorrect Federal Poverty amount listed for 2023. So the issue isn't the math, it's using the correct amount on line 4. Hope that is helpful!

Issue : Business Rule F8962-006-01 - If Form 8962, Line 1 `TotalExemptionsCnt` has a non-zero value, then Line 5 `FederalPovertyLevelPct` must be equal to Line 3 `HouseholdIncomeAmt` divided by Line 4 `PovertyLevelAmt`.

0 Cheers
nepionic
Level 1

Ah. My mistake. I rounded the percentage in line 5 instead of just dropping what was after the decimal.