Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Notice 2014-7

SoCal920
Level 2

How does one enter a negative amount and get it to efile?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

By excluding the wages does that leave the return with zero income, but federal withholding to be refunded?  That can cause it to be ineligible for Efiling.

I have one return with this situation, what I have done the past few years, and I'll probably catch some flack for this from other preparers, is only exclude enough wages to keep income equal to the amount of withholding...overall outcome is the same, but allows for Efiling.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Other income line, use the description   Excluded wages per IRS Notice 2014-7 enter a negative

SoCal920
Level 2

Good Morning,

I did as you recommended but I still have the error that it is not eligible to efile, it also says that it must be mailed in for processing.  I didn't have this problem last year was wondering if ProSeries had made some changes.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

By excluding the wages does that leave the return with zero income, but federal withholding to be refunded?  That can cause it to be ineligible for Efiling.

I have one return with this situation, what I have done the past few years, and I'll probably catch some flack for this from other preparers, is only exclude enough wages to keep income equal to the amount of withholding...overall outcome is the same, but allows for Efiling.

0 Cheers
SoCal920
Level 2

Good Morning,

Thank you so much! your solution allowed me to efile the Return. 

0 Cheers