Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS CANNOT CHANGE TAX RETURNS WITHIN THE TAX PROGRAM

dkh
Level 15

I cannot not understand why people think IRS changed the returns within ProSeries.   IT IS NOT POSSIBLE !!!!!!          If IRS is going to change a return the taxpayer will receive a notice.  

When a return is efiled thru Intuit  - the only thing coming back to you is a confirmation that your information was received by IRS.      If you open a file after this efile acceptance and it is showing a change it is because Intuit changed something in the program NOT because IRS adjusted the return.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Always remember - you don’t need to obtain a certain college degree, or pass some kind of tax exam, or even pass a low level IQ test to prepare a tax return.  You only need to have enough loose change in the bottom of your sofa to allow you to buy some tax software to be a “professional tax preparer” these days.  That fact explains a lot of the posts you see here.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Can I substitute onion rings for fries?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dascpa
Level 11

I'm insulted.  I got my degree from the Kim Jong Il School of Tax Prep. Disagree with me and look in the face of an anti-tank missile. Go ahead punk, make my day.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Depends on my landing spot.  There should be a law that requires that all fast food places serve onion rings.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15
And sweet potato fries
abctax55
Level 15

"..And sweet potato fries

CURLY ones, too.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like the job could be more difficult than I thought.  I might have to consider becoming a shoe salesman.  It seemed to provide a lot of happiness to Al Bundy.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers