Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IR-2024-36 IRS Warns Tax Pros to be aware of EFIN scam e-mail

PATAX
Level 15

Scammers are posing as Tax Software Providers. Read it for more info if interested.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I saw that.  I'm kinda curious how many ProSeries users would fall for that one.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

I saw that.  I'm kinda curious how many ProSeries users would fall for that one.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

If they were calling me then it would be easier to detect. The phone call would go like this: "Hi, my name is Bartholomew Seymour Livingston ( spoken in a thick foreign accent )". That would be enough for me to hang up. I am of foreign stock so I can say this.🤔😉

BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN Have you seen some of the questions that alleged ProSeries users are asking here?  (Although I avoid those from "New Members.")

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Have you seen some of the questions that alleged ProSeries users are asking here?"

That was my reason for thinking out loud.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah a couple of years ago some nerd asked: "How do I turn on my computer?" Still SMH.😉

BobKamman
Level 15

Well it said to press the Any key and I couldn't find it

PATAX
Level 15

For those who were not here or don't remember, the nerd that I speak of is the same as the master of Heidi.🐕🤓