Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP PIN

suesayers
Level 3

Is anyone receiving reject notices when efiling tax returns with an IP PIN?  I have two returns that rejected yesterday, including my own.  In both cases I know that the IP PIN is correct and for this calendar year.  I have re-efiled several times, including deleting the IP PIN, without success.  I am regretting getting involved with this program.

8 Comments 8
rbynaker
Level 13

I only have one client who signed up and I haven't filed it yet (oddly enough because I'm waiting for him to get back to me with the new PIN).  Have you logged in and verified that you have the correct PIN (for your own return)?  You need to use the one issued in 2023 for any returns filed in 2023.

0 Cheers
suesayers
Level 3

The IP PINs are correct and for this calendar year. I am currently with a very helpful person at PS Tech Support. Good luck with your efiling.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You want the 2023 IPPIN, not the 2022, Ive had 3 people already that brought me the 2022, since these are 2022 taxes....yea, that dont work.

Once they got the 2023 one, they were accepted just fine.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
suesayers
Level 3

The IP PIN worked better when the client gave me the actual PIN rather than the security code she was texted by ID.me.  Will ask for a screen shot next time.

rbynaker
Level 13

@suesayers wrote:

The IP PIN worked better when the client gave me the actual PIN rather than the security code she was texted by ID.me.  Will ask for a screen shot next time.

Thanks!  I needed a laugh today.

taxes96786
Level 9

Best to ask for the current IRS notice. I keep it in client file each year.

0 Cheers
barry14456
Level 2

where do you actually enter the clients PIN # in the tax program?

0 Cheers
suesayers
Level 3

It's a bit of an Easter egg hunt.  It's hiding on the Federal Info Worksheet, Pt VI - continued.

0 Cheers