Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Total incorrect

boobet
Level 3

When I print returns the invoice is not calculating both state and Federal amounts example:

Federal 100.00

State 50.00

Invoice - $100.00

F10 is performed

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Camp1040
Level 10

In basic the invoices print seperately, I use the federal invoice and list the state charge on line 4 Misc. fees and adjustments.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe the software is throwing in a Valentine's Day discount.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
boobet
Level 3

Thanks but not all are doing this.  I have used basic for a few years and never had a problem.  Is this something new?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't use Basic or the invoicing feature, but my guess is they "fixed" something that was an issue last year and ended up creating this.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

I just tried what you are attempting I fillied out the state invoice, when in the state part of the program, entered an amount and hit F10 and then the amount printed on the Federal invoice as a separate line denoting the state name and the amount. I don't use that feature, I put the state amount if any on line 4 of the federal invoice.

boobet
Level 3

Thanks 

0 Cheers
Farhang1949
Level 2

I erase the amounts in the state billing, add it to the federal billing, and come up with the total state and federal charges.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

I have also found that completing the federal and state invoices and after saving, print from the view invoice option and both charges are consoladated on the one invoice.