Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuits Program for next year

rcooley25
Level 11

I just got my quote from Intuit for the cost of my program for next year. It was not that many years ago when I started with Intuit that I paid less than 1000.00 for my program that I use and now they want almost 2000.00.  Is this outragious or am I just smoking the wrong stuff.

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Accountant-Man
Level 13

How many returns do you prepare, by type and state?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Out of curiosity do you remember what you paid for a gallon of gas back then?  How much are you paying today ?🤔

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

I do between 280 and 300 1040 forms each year. The partnership and corporate returns I still use turbotax.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Sure I remember. Everything goes up over the years. I understand that. But the cost of gasoline should not have any or very little effect on the cost of this program.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

At least this year's renewal increase amount is less than Brandon's inflation rate...😑 

I received my renewal back in June.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

I'm soooo happy Maryland is now charging sales tax on software.  That just took my $7,417 bill (after discounts) to $7,862.  I am also happy to help Intuit reach their $10 billion in sales revenue.

rcooley25
Level 11

Considering a bill like yours I guess I don.t have too much to complain about do I?

rcooley25
Level 11

I just checked out the cost of Drakes tax program. There does not seem to be much difference between them and Intuit.

0 Cheers
Drphibes
Level 7

Must not be using Lacerte.  The basic required 4 person license itself is over $2k before you get to the cost of the Fed and State programs.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

You are absolutely right on that once. I have checked prices on other programs with other companies and there is not much difference in price. Some of the other preparers  who  prepare corporate and partnership state and federal income tax returns with intuit have rates like the one I am complaining about look like play money. Since I dont do that many corporate and partnershjip returns I find turbo tax meets y needs just fine. I just haite running into this this close to retirement.

0 Cheers