Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Select Pro Staffing

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Intuit Select Pro Staffing"

"Find staff easily with this new outsource provider program. We’ve partnered with credentialed hiring solution providers so you don’t have to."

@IntuitCharlene   I know I can't be the only one curious about your "What's new in ProSeries" post.  Your post said the staffing is credentialed.  What type of credentials do they have?

As a side note, I'm crushed that form 5227 still isn't going to be available. 😦

Slava Ukraini!
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

👍I still think I'm going to do that though. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow morning at 3:00 a.m. and start. Maybe by lunch time I could have given myself credit for a thousand posts solved.

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Here is my analysis of the new features for ProSeries:

1) End of support: Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2

• ProSeries is removing support. 

2) Hosting onboarding automation enhancements

• Selling us something

3) TurboTax Online import

• I'm not really sure if it is an advantage to transfer screwed up entries from TurboTax

4) Financial institution download (FIDO) enhancements

• Are they just fixing something that they previously broke?

5) Batch eSignature requests

• Maybe a nice feature.  But they are just pushing their additional fees for eSignatures (selling us something).  And of course they increased the cost of eSignatures to accommodate this new feature

6) Faster loading

• They are fixing what they broke.

7) Quick Employer Forms Accountant

• Selling us something.  And this isn't really a new feature, is it?

8 ) Intuit Select Pro Staffing

• Selling us something.

9) Workflow enhancement suggestions

• Selling us something.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/what-s-new-with-intuit...

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, I read through their list and nothing made me stop and say "that's cool" for something that was listed.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah and something else I noticed is that she apparently enters a post, and then apparently responds to her own post, and apparently marks that as a solution, Apparently one after another. Go look for yourself IronMan. Maybe I'll start doing that, and then when I become the top solver here on Pro Series, then I will be crowned King of Pro Series. My ancestor Lajos Von Almassy De Felicz, Royal Counselor to the Habsburg Monarchy, would be so proud. 😉🤔🤓🤴

IRonMaN
Level 15

They do that so the post gets marked as solved and doesn't end up in the leftovers pile.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

👍I still think I'm going to do that though. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow morning at 3:00 a.m. and start. Maybe by lunch time I could have given myself credit for a thousand posts solved.

IRonMaN
Level 15

There.  Now you can sleep in a couple of minutes later since you only need another 999.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks IronMan. I appreciate it.

IRonMaN
Level 15

If you show a screen shot of this place the next time that you go to McDonalds, they will give you a free happy meal if you have more than 75 solutions.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitCharlene  - In case you were testing my memory, I didn't forget that my question wasn't answered.  If Intuit is selling a product, those folks should have a right to know the ingredients of what they are buying.  What credentials are folks getting when they buy a tax preparer from Intuit?  If you want to phone a friend, @IntuitGabi can feel free to jump in if she likes.  I realize that at times, my posts are tongue in cheek, but this is a serious question.  There are going to be some folks that are desperate for help and might be tempted to check out Intuit's offering so this really is a valid question.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitCharlene

@IRonMaN  I'm working on getting some details together to answer your question.  https://proconnect.intuit.com/select-pro-staffing has some of the information but not the answer to your specific question. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks, but that link doesn't really provide any additional details.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitCharlene

You'll see that happen in the News & Updates space.  Community answers can be searched while in the tax products when you search for help there, but only questions with "Answers" will show up. The Intuit Employee that does the post will add a reply and accept it so the information can also be shown In Product when someone's looking for information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I know that you are replying to PA, but the way these posts flow, that gets lost in translation.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

What credentials are folks getting when they buy a tax preparer from Intuit?

On the bottom of that page, there are FAQs and one of them mentions locations and qualifications of that staff.  However, I don't think "registered tax preparer" is really a thing, unless they are just referring to somebody that has a PTIN.

But about 1/3 of the way down on that page, it does seem to indicate that you can CHOOSE which type of credential your preparer has:  "What credentials do you need, and what work type can outsourced staff provide?"

Staffing varies across sites in the US and India. Many of the managers and senior accountants have experience with Big 4 firms and are well-versed in complex tax and accounting practices. Qualifications of the staff provided suit the complexity of your request and range from registered tax preparer to CPA to enrolled agent and other qualifications. Talent is aligned with the complexity or difficulty of work. Our partners have preparers, reviewers, and managers on both the 1040 and business return side depending on their expertise.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/select-pro-staffing/

IRonMaN
Level 15

So if my requirements are someone that eats lutefisk, Intuit would provide me with one? 😜

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

So if my requirements are someone that eats lutefisk, Intuit would provide me with one? 😜

I'm not sure if anybody can survive after eating lutefisk.  🤣

Actually, I sort-of tried lutefisk for the first time last month.  Sort of.  It was at the State Fair, and it was this REALLY WEIRD concoction that had a TINY bit of lutefisk on it.  The best I can describe it as is that it was a taco with really strong Asian sauce, a TINY bit of lutefisk on a super-bland bun that sucked out all taste besides the Asian sauce.

https://www.mnstatefair.org/new-this-year/food/crispy-lutefisk-steam-bun/

IRonMaN
Level 15

What in the world was Shanghai Henri thinking to come up with that concoction. 😁

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers