Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Payroll Quick Forms

Greta
Level 9

I'm having trouble entering a new 1099-NEC -- his social security number is impossible to enter. Whom can I contact about that?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Greta
Level 9

I am able to enter either EIN or SSN in first box. But in retyping into the second (verifying) box, the very first digit (slowly typed) jumbles things up and immediately produces a bunch of dashes. This happens all the time.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

Maybe too soon to use the program for 2021 1099s

Hillenburg
Level 4

I printed out about 20 yesterday.   Yes, I had to enter SS# more than once on a few of them.  Try typing very slow.  Don't overload Intuit's software.

Greta
Level 9

I am able to enter either EIN or SSN in first box. But in retyping into the second (verifying) box, the very first digit (slowly typed) jumbles things up and immediately produces a bunch of dashes. This happens all the time.

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9

I rebooted my computer, and that seemed to help. When in doubt, reboot (my non-techie solution to all problems). Thank you for your encouraging response.

Greta
Level 9

Oops, I spoke too soon. Only one of the SSN or EIN boxes lets me enter the number correctly. The second box is still jumbled with dashes and won't let me type the correct number. I guess I will have to call for help.

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9

I'm still trying to type in the EIN and SSN: it's temperamental, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Weird. I've persevered, and am currently OK.

0 Cheers