Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit LINK

Chris and Laura
Level 3

Successfully downloaded 2023 Pro Series and rolled clients over from 2022 - no problems. EXCEPT, I do not see the column for “Invite” or “View” Intuit LINK? I can open the 2022 Pro Series package and select a client and hit view and browser opens to show LINK. It even allows for choosing 2023 from drop down years in menu, but no LINK access within Pro Series. Will this be added in later version or did I miss something on download (network version). 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Chris and Laura
Level 3

I found out the issue! I went to MAIN MENU —> HOME BASE —> RESET CURRENT VIEW and the LINK "Invite/View Column" appeared. This also allowed for MAIN MENU —> TOOLS —> INTUIT LINK to show darkened choices in drop down window. I will close the question window and thank all that answered. A simple solution.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I think the widespread treatment here of rolling over returns is to wait a while.. Some returns in a past year that were rolled over before some updates to the program caused the returns to be incorrect in the  subsequent year. 

ChrisPogozelski
Level 1

Not really a rollover issue. The LINK COLUMN is not showing on 1040 client list. Just need to know if this is because it is an early release of ProSeries or did we do something wrong with download of 2023 program?

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChrisPogozelski Are you able to take a screenshot and attach the file to a reply on this thread? I'll ask to see if this is known or something we need to report. Thanks! 

0 Cheers
Chris and Laura
Level 3

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 7.33.48 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-16 at 7.34.19 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-16 at 7.35.06 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-16 at 7.34.41 AM.png

0 Cheers
Chris and Laura
Level 3

I posted screen shots, as you requested. The first two show the 2022 tax year Pro Series where you will see a column to either “View’ or “Invite” clients to the LINK, and also the ability to choose to invite or enter the LINK from the tools menu. The second two screen shots show that for the 2023 tax year Pro Series there is no column to “View” or “Invite,” and the drop down from the tools menu shows that the ability to enter or invite to the LINK is greyed out. Is this something we did wrong downloading the 2023 package or is it something that needs to be corrected by Intuit either now or in subsequent updates?

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

There are 2023 updates that I just installed and I have a column for link that is not greyed out

Chris and Laura
Level 3

I found out the issue! I went to MAIN MENU —> HOME BASE —> RESET CURRENT VIEW and the LINK "Invite/View Column" appeared. This also allowed for MAIN MENU —> TOOLS —> INTUIT LINK to show darkened choices in drop down window. I will close the question window and thank all that answered. A simple solution.

RTS
Level 2

I just followed the same steps and got it back. 

HomeBase > Reset Current View, and Intuit Link appears.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@Chris and Laura I understand your question was not on rolling over clients, but @Jim-from-Ohio  was pointing out that rolling over clients from prior year causes a lot of problems to pop up. Myself I only roll over a client when I start current years taxes, as do a lot of people using ProSeries.

AndyReynolds
Level 2

Hey - Thanks for adding the Intuit Link to invite clients into their respective tax portals - Right - HomeBase

then reset current view - works for me!

0 Cheers